Dakota began racing at the age of 5 years old. His racing began in quarter midgets at the Mini Indy race club at the Indiana State Fairgrouds. He raced quarter midgets from coast-to-coast including grands in Oregon, Georgia, and Connecticut and weekly racing in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana. At the age of 10, Dakota got into a 600cc Mini Sprint for the first time and loved it. He had several wins and a couple of titles while driving a mini sprint. After three years in the mini-spint, Dakota got into a 410 Sprint car in the late fall of 2008 at the age of 13 years. His rookie season of 2009 was very successful ending with the honor of being named the "2009 HARF First Year Sprintcar Driver of the Year". Dakota is currently in his third year of sprint car racing and frequents Bloomington Speedway, Lincoln Park Speedway, and Tri-State Speedway.
- From 20th-3rd at Bloomington Speedway
- 5th of 46 cars at "King of Non-Wing Sprints" at Lincoln Park Speedway
- 12th out of 45 cars in King of Indiana Sprint Series (KISS) race at Paragon Speedway
- 10 top ten finishes as a rookie in 2009
- 2009 HARF First Year Sprint car Driver of the Year
- Finished 10th of 21 Midgets in first Midget race at the Kokomo Klash at Kokomo Speedway driving for Bryan Clauson, Inc.
- 7 top ten finishes as a rookie in 2009, including a top 3 finish at Bloomington Speedway
- Track Championship in restrictor class at Lebanon Speedway
- National Championship in “A” class at Pike County Nationals at Pike County Speedway (Illinois)
- 9 Top 10 finishes at Grand National Races
- 3 track records in qualifying
2012 Sportsman of the Year Bloomington Speedway
©2017 All Rights Reserved Dakota Jackson Racing // website designed and maintained by performanceracing.org